Thursday, June 6, 2013

Blog 26: Senior Project Reflection



(1) Positive Statement
What are you most proud of in your 2-Hour Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?
 
I am most proud of the fact that I was able to get everything ready on time. This includes the decorations, the prizes, the activities, and the powerpoint. It was a lot of work on top of the San Dimas Relay for Life event that I attended just last weekend. I was also proud that I had 10 people give me their emails at the end because they were inspired and wanted to join the Relay for Life. This showed me that I can inspire people to become involved in the cancer community and can educate people about the importance of support in a survivor's life. I am also proud of the fact that I had good volume when speaking throughout my presentation because that is a weakness I've always had.
(2) Questions to Consider
a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)?
AE       P          AP       CR       NC
b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)?
AE       P          AP       CR       NC
(3) What worked for you in your senior project?
 
My mentorship worked for me because I was able to learn more about my answers and experience them first hand. I also acquired leadership skills in my mentorship and have successfully raised funds as a team captain for the Relay for Life.
 
(4) (What didn't work) If you had a time machine, what would have you done differently to improve your senior project if you could go back in time?
If I could go back in time, I would've made quality powerpoint slides weeks before my presentation. I started my powerpoint weeks before, but I found out that the slides lacked quality, asthetics, and that "attention grabbing" factor. The slides I made weeks prior to my presentation were more like rough draft worthy. I would've worked harder on my slides beforehand and made sure they were worthy of my 2 hour. It would've saved me a lot of time the week of my presentation.
 
(5) Finding Value
How has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.  

The Relay for Life is definitely something that I will be doing even after senior year. I will continue to be a team captain and will attend team captain meetings as well as committee meetings. I will also continue to fundraise for the Relay year round and may even start a cancer awareness club at Cal State LA, which is where I will be attending college. Next year I'm going to an event called Paint the Town Purple which is basically just plastering posters of Relay in a specific city. I will also continue to ask for donations and will keep doing restaurant fundraising nights. On July 12, I will be going to a debrief session with all the team captains of the Relay for Life and my mentor, Roxanne Bickham. I will also be planning to attend the Pomona Relay for Life which will be from June 22nd-23rd. It is something that I see myself being involved in for years to come. I'm glad that my senior project opened that door for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment